Friday, July 3, 2009

What's with the attitude?

Lately there's been a rash of clients who are doing nothing but whining! It's like I have to twist their arm just to get them to go out! I don't understand - would you just give up if you went on 5 job interviews and were still jobless? Of course not! Would you say, "Well ok, I guess I'm gonna live on the street now." No way! You get back up on the horse and you try, try again. Good grief!! I just don't get it. Clients who came in for their initial interview and were so full of life and good energy and enthusiasm now sound on the phone like they just came from a funeral. Or they're on a heavy dose of Valium.

Look - if I could guarantee you'd meet your life partner thru IGC, we'd have a much different pricing structure. But good grief! Get a grip people! You want to date? You're GOING to date! So get over it, and get on with it!

3 comments:

Dale said...

Wow! You really seem to be pissed! I understand your frustration but bonking clients upside the head doesn't exactly sound like a good business policy! LOL

Ease up, take some time away and let things smooth back into place!

Jr. said...

I agree with Dale. I am sure your frustrations are legitimate, but reading that blog can be a bit scary for new or potential clients.

Your candor, after having met you, is still appreciated however.

In Good Company, Inc said...

Thanks, guys! You are correct; I just needed to take a step away from a frustrating situation. I have to say, everything looks brighter today!

I think it gets somewhat frustrating when you know you're trying to help people, and they seem to give up. On the other hand, dating can be frustrating, even though we try and make it as stress-free as possible. It's my job to get people back up on the horse with a renewed sense of optimism - I think I was just having a hard time doing it that day!

Thanks for the comments!! :)