Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Know Exactly Who You Need To Meet!

It's pretty rare that I meet a potential new client and think, "wow - I don't think I really have anyone for you." The vast majority of the time, I have plenty of people for someone to meet. The BEST though, is when I know EXACTLY who this new client is going to meet. Like, everything they say just points to ONE PERSON. There are a lot of other clients I'll introduce them to, but it's so much fun to have that feeling about one person in particular.

I try not to "oversell" it when that happens - after all, I can't predict chemistry. Sometimes I've introduced them to what I think is their perfect fit, and then both guys come back and say,"hey, nice guy, but no spark." But when I feel that I have the perfect match for them, I think, "I can't believe you guys haven't met each other yet, because you're totally looking for each other!" That is the best feeling in the world! Ok yes, I'm a bit geeky like that - but how could I do this work and not be?

And yes - sometimes that gut feeling is dead-on. The last commitment ceremony I went to was for 2 of my clients, and I specifically remember telling one of them when they joined, "oh I know EXACTLY what you want." They had one match, and that was it!

It also seems to happen mostly for my clients who sign up for a year membership. No - I'm not trying to up sell someone who is still thinking about joining (besides, anyone who's talked to me for 2 minutes can tell I'm a straight-shooter.) I think it has a LOT to do with sending that message to the universe....that this person is SERIOUS about meeting someone, and they aren't going to go about it half-assed. Now of course that doesn't mean that every client who joins is going to meet their life partner; if I could predict that, clients would get one match and we'd charge $10,000!! But I do think it makes a big statement to the universe - "This is what I want, and I'm going to go after it with gusto!" I've seen it happen so many times. Of course, it all goes back to having that positive attitude - but more on that in another post. :)

No comments: