Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Checking in

So I've been calling previous clients lately to check in with them, remind them we're still here, etc etc and I've been getting some really good updates. Some clients renewed their membership because they aren't dating, and some clients are still seeing people we matched them with! In fact, two guys I matched are planning their committment ceremony for July! Then I heard from another previous client that he's been happily dating someone for a few years now. He told me that he actually met his current partner through one of his IGC matches! I hear that kind of thing pretty regularly, so I'm always telling my clients to make an effort to get to know their matches. Even if it's just for 30-40 minutes! Because they never know who that person could be to them in the future.

Imagine meeting a potential date, and the conversation is fine but there's no physical connection. How great would it be to put your best foot forward, be respectful and polite, and get to know them a little bit? Even if there's no chemistry, that doesn't mean that person couldn't become one of your biggest clients, or a colleague. Or, as in the case of some of my clients, you might run into them at an event, they introduce you to a friend of theirs, and bam! THAT'S the guy for you. It happens more often than people think - so remember that IT IS NEVER A WASTE OF TIME TO MEET SOMEONE.


I love getting updates from current and previous clients. They remind me why we're here, and why a service like this is so needed in our community. And I always hear the same thing from my clients who have been successfully matched: "I don't know how I would have ever met him if not thru IGC."

No comments: